[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Archaeologica.org • View topic - Neolithic pottery burials sign of 1 worldwide civilization?

Neolithic pottery burials sign of 1 worldwide civilization?

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Neolithic pottery burials sign of 1 worldwide civilization?

Postby PaulMarcW » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:19 pm

http://www.beforebc.de/Made.by.Humankin ... 08-10.html

At the link are six other pages (there are more not shown) each presenting a group of common artefacts where all pages taken together may be an indication of a single, prehistoric, worldwide civilization. Or maybe not an indication of a single, prehistoric, worldwide civilization.
Marc Washington
PaulMarcW

Postby PaulMarcW » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Here is an example of further evidence of a single, worldwide culture that predated the Bronze Age. And was this the precedent for the hieroglyphics found in early Egypt (see 3, 4, and 5 as a precedent for 8, 9, and 10)?

http://www.beforebc.de/Made.by.Humankin ... 00-08.html

I will be away for some days.

All the best,

Marc Washington
PaulMarcW

Postby War Arrow » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:28 am

War Arrow

Postby Minimalist » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:22 pm

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby PaulMarcW » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:55 am

[WA writes] Minor point here. You've mislabelled 16 on the first of these pages.

[Marc writes] Hello WA. You are referring to image 16 here: http://www.beforebc.de/Made.by.Humankin ... 08-10.html

Thanks for pointing that out. I will get around to changing it. Not immediately (not too much time these days); but I will change it.

[WA writes] Still disagree with the basic premise, but I ain't getting into that one!

[Marc writes] I’ll mention it elsewhere where someone brought up the point as to why I don’t respond much. Three reasons:

Anything of value (to others it may have none – that’s okay) that I have to say I have put on some given page – so I have often nothing further to say about the matter. And, to be honest, a few times someone has raised a question about something that a more careful read of the page would have shown I already addressed.

The second reason is that years back, I’d debate and argue at the drop of a hat. These days I’m so much not into that - though there are sometimes exceptions. If someone disagrees, that’s their right and that’s okay. (I see you have the same feeling).

The last reason is I have little time at the computer as taking care of the kids often has me out of the city and away from my computer for four days out of seven during the summer. When I'm here, I'm trying to put seven days into three - so little computer time left.

[Minamalist writes in italic and Marc’s comments regular]

1 and 2. I don't buy this. <snip>

I'd note that where the black, red, and brown stick figures are found is where these other things are found.

On a different note, I was involved with researchers looking at the occurrence of the shoulder-blade used as an oar from at least middle paleolithic times. In Hungary where I am, the word "lap" means both shoulder blade of a deer calf and it was used as a paddle in early canoes. Soft as it was, it was also inscribed on by shaman and took on the name and meaning of paper. And paper today in Hungary, 15,000 years later, has the same name (lap) as does paddle (lap), and many flat things are still called lap. Hungarian, as you know, is a Finn-Ugrik language (the Ugrik part) and Finnish also has a zillion words with the lap root and same meaning as found in Hungarian. The name for paper in Hungary (and newspaper, too) is "lap."

As you know, from the Amur River Basin in Siberia was the "axis" as it were, extending between Japan and Alaska and boats and this technology went in each direction. You can find "Lap" in Polynesia (I'd say it wasn't accident but it's a long, long discussion and I don't expect you to buy it).

Anyhow, just really interesting stuff.

3 - Yes there are pyramids all over the world and their function may or may not be similar. But the disparity in age between them argues against much in the way of a remote common ancestor. <snip>

4 - Jomon pottery in Japan dates back to 14,000 BC and I would not be a bit surprised to eventually find pottery in the Sahara dating back to the end of the Ice Age. The Sahara only started drying out in relatively recent geologic times. Were I looking for a remote common ancestor I think I'd start there. <snip>

I spent a zillion hours looking for Saharan pottery dating to the earliest Jomon (and as you know, Jomon pottery has roots to a still earlier occurrence of pottery in Siberia and was carried to Japan by demic transfusion of early seafarers). Fascinating subject here of pottery origins. I do hear you, though.

Thanks for the comments and all the best,
Marc Washington
PaulMarcW

Postby Minimalist » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:46 pm

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Return to Old World