[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Archaeologica.org • View topic - Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:33 am

As a supplement to the above in answer to a direct question from YT Dr Moorehead explained that apart from the London Mithraeum and some wells around the Silbury hill which were filled in, there is no evidence from Britain for the widespread Christian destruction of pagan monuments, as there is from the continent. So maybe the Villa burning was a simple accident or, as Rosemary Sutcliffe wrote, an attack from the "sea wolves".
Simon21

Postby Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:40 am

You have avoided the all the problems yet again .
And yes we are going round in circles but the what else is there to say .
Your comment was wrong and you have never addressed that problem , you can't , because it is so obviously wrong .
Read what is written "Who was the lecturer ,William Sterling http://www.williamsterling.co.uk/profile/? " That was a question ,his interests are clear in the profile .

You are making stuff up again . Whether I have been or not is a red herring but Fwiw ,I have been to Lullingstone villa , I don't remember the chi rho or the frieze at all and I didn't say anything about me seeing/finding the chi rho ,although I was aware of it long after the visit .

Now we get to the crux . "Dr Moorehead asserted that the crosses (probably of chinese silk ie majorly expensive) depicted on the Lullingstone frieze represent the largest and most public use of the symol (christian) so far found in the former empire. " .Now contrast that with what you said " the first example we have of the Cross being used as a major symbol".
No mention of largest or public or empire but most importantly no mention of christian .
Dr Moorehead got it right ,you got it it wrong .

I have no interest in tennis . But GSM .
Tiompan

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:03 am

Simon21

Postby Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:14 am

logic ? I think you need some basic lessons .
Yes I have been ,that is not a lie , the fact that it is a red herring doesn't mean I haven't . Think about it .

It's clear where the lying comes from ,and not for the first time either is it ?

The lack of response to the major point says enough, never mind the lesser ones .

You have been found out , again .

Your precis of Dr Mooreheads comment was lacking in the important detail,making it obviously wrong to anyone with a smattering of knowledge about the use of symbols . I gave you ample opportunity to get out of the bind e.g.“Maybe the definite article lends more weight in a christian context but that ignores the cultural importance that may have been attributed to the symbol prior to christian appropriation .” and “The BM presenter should have mentioned that he was confining the symbol to the Roman period , or maybe he was unaware of earlier uses of the symbol . “. That's when you should have come in with the truth , but you kept silent . And concentrated on waffling evading and making stuff up .
Tiompan

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:47 am

Simon21

Postby Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:00 am

Lol .
Your behaviour is as telling as your lack of response to the actual problems .
You were found out , and not for the first time .
The evidence was provided showing where you got it wrong , now you are squealing.
It's not uncommon , when clearly to shown to be in the wrong , turn to abuse ,nothing else is left .

It's easy to show when someone is lying , you provide the evidence .
As with all the other claims you couldn't support , breath won't be held .
Tiompan

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:01 am

To tell deliberate lies in a supposed discussion must surely break some rules. Is it not time for the moderator to intervene? Basic honesty is the foundation of any sensible discussion surely.
Simon21

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:03 am

Simon21

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:08 am

Simon21

Postby Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:25 am

You don't understand what a claim is . Here is a an example "In this case you supplied it with you own words." i.e. You are claiming that I supplied it with my own words , get it ?
Now , all you have to do is provide the quotes i.e. "the words " .Simple .
Just as I provided the relevant quotes showing that your depleted version of a sensible comment led to a comment that was wrong , and led to a load of wasteful nonsense .
In case you have forgotten .Would you like to see that example again ?
Tiompan

Postby E.P. Grondine » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:48 am

This electronic paper is so useful.

Once the two of you have figured out whether those are crosses on the figures' clothing,
you will move on the botanical identification of the flowers shown below them.

Or the botanical identification of these:

I think that this may have some bearing on your exchange as well:

I have to say, your exchange is providing a welcome diversion to the latest tweets from Crazy Don.
Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
E.P. Grondine

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:56 am

Simon21

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 am

Simon21

Postby Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:12 am

Again you have failed to back up your claims .
You had said "In this case you supplied it with you own words." . All you have to do is provide the words that I supposedly supplied that made you claim that .
Like all of your made up stuff nonsense they don't exist .
I am full aware that I have been to Lullingstone , it's hardly germane to your errors , but it is simply true .

I wasn't citing a music historian , that's another of your made up claims .
For the third time "Who was the lecturer ,William Sterling http://www.williamsterling.co.uk/profile/? " That was a question ,his interests are clear in the profile ."
Do you know what "cite" means ? Again , that was a question not a citation .

The only person who was in the wrong here is you ,due to your misinterpreted ,mangled nonsensical precis of the perfectly sensible Moorehead comment , that you sneakily failed to mention when
you could have got off the hook .

You seem to have a history ,of going to talks not quite getting the import , reporting it here , then when proved to be in the wrong , bursting blood vessels , becoming abusive making stuff up ,calling me liar ,failing to prove it and proving to be a liar yourself .
Tiompan

Postby E.P. Grondine » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:23 am

Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
E.P. Grondine

PreviousNext

Return to Old World