[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Archaeologica.org • View topic - Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:29 am

Last edited by Simon21 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simon21

Postby Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:42 am

Again you have failed to provide any evidence .All you have is abuse and making up stuff, like the comments above about axes .
I am only abusive in response .
I always begin politely ,as I did with you , but some people can only react by getting personal or abusive , Usually when they they have been shown to be wrong and their backs are against the wall and can't back up their claims . In your case you call people liars, never provide the supporting evidence and then are shown to be a liar yourself .
For the fourth time I didn't cite a music historian I asked a question whether he was the source , that is not citing . Cite :refer to (a passage, book, or author) as evidence for or justification of an argument or statement, especially in a scholarly work.
The evidence i.e. quotes shows your errors and made up fantasies yet you never seem to provide that type of evidence yourself .An old story .

But it's all bluster to avoid the the truth about your mistake , one you were given the opportunity to escape from by making a simple admission i.e. that you had got the quote wrong , but you brazened it out and suffered .
Tiompan

Postby E.P. Grondine » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:47 am

Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
E.P. Grondine

Postby Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:51 am

Webster's New World College Dictionary . (American in case you didn't know )
Henge :a Neolithic or Bronze Age monument of the British Isles, consisting of a circular bank or ditch enclosing, variously, stone or timber uprights, burial pits, etc.

Cite :refer to (a passage, book, or author) as evidence for or justification of an argument or statement, especially in a scholarly work.
Tiompan

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:55 am

Simon21

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:04 am

Let me be clear. I have visited nearly all the major RB sites in the country. I keep up with the major mags academic and otherwise. This is an aea of intense interest to me - particularly the change from Britain to England. If you try to pretend experience and nowledge you do not have in this area I will inevitably pick you out, as I have done on this occassion.
If I pretended to have visited Teotihuacan (which I hope to do when Mexico settles down) I would expect someone keen on the subject to find me out as well - what is the point of such foolishness?
Simon21

Postby Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:23 am

You can't back anything up can you ?
Who is "we" that were all wrong . I only said that the comment (which turned out to be your mangled effort ) was wrong ,another lie .

You clearly have a problem about me having visited Lullingstone , why is that ?
You simply don't know but you can still come up with yet another made up fantasy . It beats coming up with evidence and helps provide some escape from the main problem .
It makes no difference to the depth of your error , but sadly for you it's another of your errors .
What knowledge have I been "pretending "? It's a pity your "knowledge " didn't extend to making an accurate quote of a fairly simple comment instead of garbling it into rubbish .
You didn't pick out anything , you were the one who was picked out and shown to be wrong ,proven by the providing evidence . So much for your " experience and knowledge ".

The central issue was your comment " the first example we have of the Cross being used as a major symbol". I pointed out that it was wrong , but did say that
"The BM presenter should have have mentioned that he was confining the symbol to the Roman period , or maybe he was unaware of earlier uses of the symbol . “
You kept quiet , you knew what he said but didn't provide the info because it would have shown you to have turned his actual comment into garbage .
Now that we know what he did say and that the error was all yours you can't have anything to say except be abusive .
You were found out ,again .
Last edited by Tiompan on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tiompan

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:27 am

Simon21

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:33 am

Last edited by Simon21 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simon21

Postby Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:49 am

What lies ?
Yours get quoted ,why can't you do the same . There is a good reason for that .
You just make things up ,continually e.g ." you admit you tell lies." . Easily said ,but if I admitted something all you have to do is provide the quote .
Let's face ,as ever you won't .But it won't stop you repeating it and more . The point that you fail to get is that by you saying " you admit you tell lies." and not proving it shows that it is you who is lying .

The central issue was your garbled comment .
The one where you took a perfectly sensible comment and mangled it into an error .
But kept the actual content quiet .

It's not good enough to say someone is wrong or lying ,you have to provide the evidence .
I have ,in the form of quotes , you just make claims and never back them up . Like the alt crowd ,when they get found out , it's all you have , abuse and un-supported nonsense .
Tiompan

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:57 am

Simon21

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:10 am

Simon21

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:14 am

Thyis is supposed to be the nearest rival to Lullingstone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dura-Europos_church

Personally I think Lullingstone wins it and the lack of Christain crosses is notable
Simon21

Postby Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:35 am

"Of course an obvious answer here is that you do not beleive yourself - you cannot therefore be trusted to report on yourself honestly "

It makes perfect sense that you should think that is an obvious answer .
Twisted , illogical and right up your fantasy alley , a wishful view of others comments and behaviour, that suits your hopes but is far from reality .
The problem is when you mouth the fantasies , you can never support them , making you look progressively nuttier after each one .

And still all we get is abuse ,but it is telling there are never any quotes , or evidence to support your mad claims .
Or answers to any of the problems posed .
Never mind the central problem where you got found out .
Multiple postings of nonsense after the error is highlighted and clear , is an old tactic , it puts others off from reading the real content .
And tars those who do provide the evidence with the same brush .
If you ever need reminding of where you went wrong , the proof is on hand .
Tiompan

Postby Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:57 am

Simon21

PreviousNext

Return to Old World