Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Simon21
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:40 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:29 am

Tiompan wrote:Again you have failed to back up your claims .
You had said "In this case you supplied it with you own words." . All you have to do is provide the words that I supposedly supplied that made you claim that .
Like all of your made up stuff nonsense they don't exist .
I am full aware that I have been to Lullingstone , it's hardly germane to your errors , but it is simply true .

I wasn't citing a music historian , that's another of your made up claims .
For the third time "Who was the lecturer ,William Sterling http://www.williamsterling.co.uk/profile/? " That was a question ,his interests are clear in the profile ."
Do you know what "cite" means ? Again , that was a question not a citation .

The only person who was in the wrong here is you ,due to your misinterpreted ,mangled nonsensical precis of the perfectly sensible Moorehead comment , that you sneakily failed to mention when
you could have got off the hook .

You seem to have a history ,of going to talks not quite getting the import , reporting it here , then when proved to be in the wrong , bursting blood vessels , becoming abusive making stuff up ,calling me liar ,failing to prove it and proving to be a liar yourself .
Yeah yeah anything you say mate. At least I am not a liar which is not someting you can say. Is it. By your own words. You have a history of pretending to have visited sites attending lectures then showing through your ignorance that you haven't. If i quoted a site in the north nullarbor you would claim to have been there. Might not know what country or state its ine but that wouldn't stop you.

It is hilarious in some ways.

You also have a ranting reputation when caught out.

And you have big problems with basic English. Purposerly trying to misunderstand common words.

Why cite, mention, refer to, inquire about, a music historian when the subject is Lullingstone Villa? Do you think they held discos? So whatever, it was an idiotic thing to do. Wasn't it. Like pretending confusion about the Christian Cross. Idiotic no other word will do. Like the comparison you made between 27 palaeolithic axes and Lullingstone. What man of sense would even make that remark? "I've found a hoard of Carausian coins", "I found a paleolithic hearth - I win". You see how ridiculous you are.

And let's be candid, you are not really in a position to talk about abuse are you? Really. You must admit that over the yearw you have been pretty abusive to anyone who dares to disagree with you.

Well to quote a black US (sorry US means United States, not ultimate serenity) soldier - "bottom rail on top now". Enjoy
Last edited by Simon21 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiompan
Posts: 1140
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:13 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:42 am

Again you have failed to provide any evidence .All you have is abuse and making up stuff, like the comments above about axes .
I am only abusive in response .
I always begin politely ,as I did with you , but some people can only react by getting personal or abusive , Usually when they they have been shown to be wrong and their backs are against the wall and can't back up their claims . In your case you call people liars, never provide the supporting evidence and then are shown to be a liar yourself .
For the fourth time I didn't cite a music historian I asked a question whether he was the source , that is not citing . Cite :refer to (a passage, book, or author) as evidence for or justification of an argument or statement, especially in a scholarly work.
The evidence i.e. quotes shows your errors and made up fantasies yet you never seem to provide that type of evidence yourself .An old story .

But it's all bluster to avoid the the truth about your mistake , one you were given the opportunity to escape from by making a simple admission i.e. that you had got the quote wrong , but you brazened it out and suffered .

E.P. Grondine

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by E.P. Grondine » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:47 am

simon21 wrote:And you have big problems with basic English. Purposely trying to misunderstand common words.
You ought to try tiompan on American English words, such as "henge".
I enjoyed your use of Aussie "porky".

As for my own work, I suppose someday I am going to have to mail some "geological specimens" from SW Scotland to the new Dumfrieshire and Galloway Museum.
Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tiompan
Posts: 1140
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:13 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:51 am

Webster's New World College Dictionary . (American in case you didn't know )
Henge :a Neolithic or Bronze Age monument of the British Isles, consisting of a circular bank or ditch enclosing, variously, stone or timber uprights, burial pits, etc.

Cite :refer to (a passage, book, or author) as evidence for or justification of an argument or statement, especially in a scholarly work.

Simon21
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:40 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:55 am

Tiompan wrote:Again you have failed to provide any evidence .All you have is abuse .
I am only abusive in response .
I always begin politely ,as I did with you , but some people can only react by getting personal or abusive , Usually when they they have been shown to be wrong and their backs are against the wall and can't back up their claims . In your case you call people liars, never provide the supporting evidence and then are shown to be a liar yourself .
For the fourth time I didn't cite a music historian I asked a question whether he was the source , that is not citing .
The evidence i.e. quotes shows your errors and made up fantasies yet you never seem to provide that type of evidence yourself .An old story .
But it's all bluster to avoid the the truth about your mistake , one you were given the opportunity to escape from by making a simple admission i.e. that you had got the quote wrong , but you brazened it out and suffered .
Ah so you admit you are abusive then. You do put your foot in your own mouth don't you - oh dear. Never go to court, you are not likely to come back quickly.
No you were not polite in any way.
May I remind you I was simply inquiring about a prominent christian Cross in the Lullingstone Villa frieze.
You were the one who idiotically proclaimed we all "wrong" and went off on a nonsensical rant about rock art.
You then informed us all the Chi Rho was not a cross, though no one had said it was (though it contains one).
You plainly did not knw anything about the site and its most prominent feature. Though you claimed to have visited it. Presumably when it was closed?
Instead of apologising you then persisted (and still persist) in your dishonesty.
Not once have you addressed the central issue - was the original claim correct? Are there other examples?
But this is rather typical of your style you cannot admit you do not know something.
As for your reference to "evidence" that is rather rich comming from someone who tries to invent it. Mentioning, citing, asking about as music historian as a possible source about RB is indeed amusing but only as a sign of your idiocy.

Simon21
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:40 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:04 am

Let me be clear. I have visited nearly all the major RB sites in the country. I keep up with the major mags academic and otherwise. This is an aea of intense interest to me - particularly the change from Britain to England. If you try to pretend experience and nowledge you do not have in this area I will inevitably pick you out, as I have done on this occassion.
If I pretended to have visited Teotihuacan (which I hope to do when Mexico settles down) I would expect someone keen on the subject to find me out as well - what is the point of such foolishness?

Tiompan
Posts: 1140
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:13 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:23 am

You can't back anything up can you ?
Who is "we" that were all wrong . I only said that the comment (which turned out to be your mangled effort ) was wrong ,another lie .

You clearly have a problem about me having visited Lullingstone , why is that ?
You simply don't know but you can still come up with yet another made up fantasy . It beats coming up with evidence and helps provide some escape from the main problem .
It makes no difference to the depth of your error , but sadly for you it's another of your errors .
What knowledge have I been "pretending "? It's a pity your "knowledge " didn't extend to making an accurate quote of a fairly simple comment instead of garbling it into rubbish .
You didn't pick out anything , you were the one who was picked out and shown to be wrong ,proven by the providing evidence . So much for your " experience and knowledge ".

The central issue was your comment " the first example we have of the Cross being used as a major symbol". I pointed out that it was wrong , but did say that
"The BM presenter should have have mentioned that he was confining the symbol to the Roman period , or maybe he was unaware of earlier uses of the symbol . “
You kept quiet , you knew what he said but didn't provide the info because it would have shown you to have turned his actual comment into garbage .
Now that we know what he did say and that the error was all yours you can't have anything to say except be abusive .
You were found out ,again .
Last edited by Tiompan on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Simon21
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:40 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:27 am

E.P. Grondine wrote:[quote-"simon21"]And you have big problems with basic English. Purposely trying to misunderstand common words.
You ought to try tiompan on American English words, such as "henge".
I enjoyed your use of Aussie "porky".

As for my own work, I suppose someday I am going to have to mail some "geological specimens" from SW Scotland to the new Dumfrieshire and Galloway Museum.[/quote]

To return to the subject from wrestling with the resident caveman - Hinton St Mary - amazing to relate has never been formally excavated, much of it remains undiscovered.

The mosaic is obviously considered one of the best survivals from RB. Interestingly the Christ rondel is included with an image of Bellepheron ann the Chimera. Agaion showing the strange combination of paganism and christianity.

At Lullingstone this is even more stark with a pagan chapel built under the Christian one and accessible via a trapdoor. Did one flit from one service to another?

Simon21
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:40 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:33 am

Tiompan wrote:You can't back anything up can you ?
Who is "we" that were all wrong . I only said that the comment (which turned out to be your mangled effort ) was wrong ,another lie .

You clearly have a problem about me having visited Lullingstone , why is that ?
You simply don't know but you can still come up with yet another made up fantasy . It beats coming up with evidence and helps provide some escape from the main problem .
It makes no difference to the depth of your error , but sadly for you it's another of your errors .
What knowledge have I been "pretending "? It's a pity your "knowledge " didn't extend to making an accurate quote of a fairly simple comment instead of garbling it into rubbish .

The central issue was your comment " the first example we have of the Cross being used as a major symbol". I pointed out that it was wrong , but did say that
"The BM presenter should have have mentioned that he was confining the symbol to the Roman period , or maybe he was unaware of earlier uses of the symbol . “
You kept quiet , you knew what he said but didn't provide the info because it would have shown you to have turned his actual comment into garbage .
Now that we know what he did say and that the error was all yours you can't have anything to say except be abusive .
You were found out ,again .
More lies. The central issue was the use of the cross on the Lullingstone frieze. Simples. I posted it remember? I repeated it at least three times. You claimed to know the Lullingstone site, but didn't. This is self evident. You said something which is untrue. Why do you persist? Do you also pretend to be Donald Trump or Spiderman (I am not mocking the afflicted but I think we can probably guess the aswer here)?

Since the Lullingstone frieze is extremely prominently displayed in the BM I am suspecting you have never been there either- but we will find that out later.

You admit yourself you are abusive, you admit you tell lies. You bluster about "rock art" chi rhos, paleolithic axes. You were and are floundering having been caught out. The Music Teacher question, reference, whatyouwill, was as I say manic. Talk about garbled.

Oh and just to be clear I wasn't quoting was I? What is this curious inability to handle written English.

You do know you have repeated exactly the same thing about 15 times. Is that entirely sane?

just live with it and don't try it again. Why not address the issue, though honestly please.
Last edited by Simon21 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiompan
Posts: 1140
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:13 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:49 am

What lies ?
Yours get quoted ,why can't you do the same . There is a good reason for that .
You just make things up ,continually e.g ." you admit you tell lies." . Easily said ,but if I admitted something all you have to do is provide the quote .
Let's face ,as ever you won't .But it won't stop you repeating it and more . The point that you fail to get is that by you saying " you admit you tell lies." and not proving it shows that it is you who is lying .

The central issue was your garbled comment .
The one where you took a perfectly sensible comment and mangled it into an error .
But kept the actual content quiet .

It's not good enough to say someone is wrong or lying ,you have to provide the evidence .
I have ,in the form of quotes , you just make claims and never back them up . Like the alt crowd ,when they get found out , it's all you have , abuse and un-supported nonsense .

Simon21
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:40 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:57 am

Tiompan wrote:What lies ?
Yours get quoted ,why can't you do the same . There is a good reason for that .
You just make things up ,continually e.g ." you admit you tell lies." . Easily said ,but if I admitted something all you have to do is provide the quote .
Let's face ,as ever you won't .But it won't stop you repeating and more .

The central issue was your garbled comment .
The one where you took a perfectly sensible comment and mangled it into an error .
But kept the actual content quiet .

It's not good enough to say someone is wrong or lying ,you have to provide the evidence .
I have ,in the form of quotes , you just make claims and never back them up . Like the alt crowd ,when they get found out , it's all you have , abuse and un-supported nonsense .
You are the evidence old son, your own postings ie what you have written. You really are in a hopeless mess aren't you. You also admit to being abusive.

To be frank I am wondering if this is doing you any good. Your hysterical responses, endless repitition and incoherent comments are a bit worrying.

Why not look at the actual question I asked and see if the BM presenter was wrong? There is more value in that then tying yourself up in knots. This is the fifth time I have invited you to address the issue. Look at the images provided.

Simon21
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:40 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:10 am

Simon21 wrote:
Tiompan wrote:What lies ?
Yours get quoted ,why can't you do the same . There is a good reason for that .
You just make things up ,continually e.g ." you admit you tell lies." . Easily said ,but if I admitted something all you have to do is provide the quote .
Let's face ,as ever you won't .But it won't stop you repeating and more .

The central issue was your garbled comment .
The one where you took a perfectly sensible comment and mangled it into an error .
But kept the actual content quiet .

It's not good enough to say someone is wrong or lying ,you have to provide the evidence .
I have ,in the form of quotes , you just make claims and never back them up . Like the alt crowd ,when they get found out , it's all you have , abuse and un-supported nonsense .
You are the evidence old son, your own postings ie what you have written. You really are in a hopeless mess aren't you. You also admit to being abusive.

To be frank I am wondering if this is doing you any good. Your hysterical responses, endless repitition and incoherent comments are a bit worrying.

Why not look at the actual question I asked and see if the BM presenter was wrong? There is more value in that then tying yourself up in knots. This is the fifth time I have invited you to address the issue. Look at the images provided.
Of course an obvious answer here is that you do not beleive yourself - you cannot therefore be trusted to report on yourself honestly. A bit like that conundrum "everything i say is a lie including this".

Simon21
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:40 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:14 am

Thyis is supposed to be the nearest rival to Lullingstone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dura-Europos_church

Personally I think Lullingstone wins it and the lack of Christain crosses is notable

Tiompan
Posts: 1140
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:13 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Tiompan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:35 am

"Of course an obvious answer here is that you do not beleive yourself - you cannot therefore be trusted to report on yourself honestly "

It makes perfect sense that you should think that is an obvious answer .
Twisted , illogical and right up your fantasy alley , a wishful view of others comments and behaviour, that suits your hopes but is far from reality .
The problem is when you mouth the fantasies , you can never support them , making you look progressively nuttier after each one .


And still all we get is abuse ,but it is telling there are never any quotes , or evidence to support your mad claims .
Or answers to any of the problems posed .
Never mind the central problem where you got found out .
Multiple postings of nonsense after the error is highlighted and clear , is an old tactic , it puts others off from reading the real content .
And tars those who do provide the evidence with the same brush .
If you ever need reminding of where you went wrong , the proof is on hand .

Simon21
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:40 am

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Simon21 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:57 am

Tiompan wrote:"Of course an obvious answer here is that you do not beleive yourself - you cannot therefore be trusted to report on yourself honestly "

It makes perfect sense that you should think that is an obvious answer .
Twisted , illogical and right up your fantasy alley , a wishful view of others comments and behaviour, that suits your hopes but is far from reality .
The problem is when you mouth the fantasies , you can never support them , making you look progressively nuttier after each one .


And still all we get is abuse ,but it is telling there are never any quotes , or evidence to support your mad claims .
Or answers to any of the problems posed .
Never mind the central problem where you got found out .
Multiple postings of nonsense after the error is highlighted and clear , is an old tactic , it puts others off from reading the real content .
And tars those who do provide the evidence with the same brush .
If you ever need reminding of where you went wrong , the proof is on hand .
You abuse yourself old chap, have you forgotten? You admitted it. You have been invited five times to take part in a real discussion but all you do is rant and foam about non-existant grievances. There are no problems except your dishonesty, your abuse and your inability to admit fault.

That's pretty much all you ever do sadly.

Look at the above, there is not a coherent sentence there. You are obviously in a high rage and I am at fault, I admit it openly, for not cutting you some slack.

But please remember I did not ask you to wander off the point, blather about Paleolithic axes, lie about coming to the villa, etc etc- you are hoisted by your own petard old son and all the howling does not change this. And when I am presented with dishonesty surely I am allowed to call it out.

As someone who has dealt with "evidence" on a professional basis can I say someone who convicts themselves with their own words is by far the best. As I say I hope you are never hauled to court, god help your brief.

I admit that was unkind, now in an attempt to calm you down look at this:

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visi ... a/history/

This will give you a limited background to the subject. I should say that Mary Beard is very sceptical over the Pertinax association. She points out that all busts rescued by Roman archaeology are claimed to be emperors, and they can't all be.

But this plainly was a remarkable place.

PS don't refer to yourself in the plural - this is a very bad sign

Post Reply