[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Archaeologica.org • View topic - Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Re: Gobekli Tepe sister site

Postby Tiompan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:21 pm

Mellaart associated the depiction of vultures at Catal Hoyuk with excarnation in 1967
and mention of the practice is as old as travellers tales .
I doubt that Collins mentioned it in association with GT in 2001 when “Ashes of Angels “appeared .
It is all “watchers “ , “ Nephilim “ and “Provides convincing evidence that angels, demons, and fallen angels were flesh-and-blood members of a giant race predating humanity “ .
“Convincing evidence “ ? Lol .
Tiompan

Postby E.P. Grondine » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Well, guess again, tiompan.

Let me be real clear about areas in which I disagree with Collins.

First, and most imporantly I believe that he has made mistakes in identifying where the height gene evolved.
I believe it was along the shores of the pre-flood Black Sea,
and was associated with X mt DMA.

For the height gene among Native American peoples, see Draggo and Neuman, or Fowkes, and
http://www.spanishhill.com/p/giant-skeletons.html
and Dr. Becker's excavation.

I do not think that he will take much abuse.

The height gene sometimes expresses in descendent populations, both Cherokee and Osage.
Where there has been intermarriage with Europeans, it expresses independent of hair color.

Second, I think that the Lake Urmiah region in Iran is likely to be related to the Eden of the bible.
IN any case, I think that that region is likely to hold sites of great interest in hominid evolution.
E.P. Grondine

Postby Tiompan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:22 pm

Is that all you can manage to disagree with Collins about ?
If you agree about the astromomy why didn't you respond to the problems ?
That's the least of the problems , but it is what this thread is about

Where's the guess ?, did he or did he not mention excarnation at GT in 2001 ?
I doubted that he did .Regardless , others had noted the association with vultures and excarnation in the last century .
The one who is doing the guessing is yourself , you know as much about archaeogentics as you do astronomy .
Tiompan

Postby E.P. Grondine » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:11 am

E.P. Grondine

Postby E.P. Grondine » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:30 am

Hi Tiompan -

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/ameri ... rchaeology

The problem here of course is that the Andaste were very tall.

For one of the eyewitness accounts of them, see:
http://mith.umd.edu/eada/html/display.p ... racter.xml

Which agrees completely with the human remains which have been excavated, noted above.

Once again, we have craters now, so we win.
We also have mt DNA haplogroups.
We have skeletons, we have material culture.

i am in no way responsible for what others say or do, tiompan.
While I am looking froward to reading Eric Cline's opinion,
I remember his run-in with Manfred Biatek over pottery chronologies,
which Biatek easily "won".
E.P. Grondine

Postby Tiompan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:52 am

Yes we already know about the the nonsense propogated by the nuts .

Keeping to the point , and avoiding bringing in all the other nonsense written by Collins , what has the sensible Colavito article to do with the particular nonsense spouted by Collins and supported by you about KT and Cygnus ? ,i.e look at the content of the thread "Gobekli Tepe sister site " and my first post .

We all have craters , mt DNA haplogroups and much more ,those who get their facts right , win .Those who make mistake ,ignore the problems and waffle lose .
Tiompan

Postby E.P. Grondine » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:03 am

Eric Cline commenting on Andrew Collins writings.

George, I already asked you for a short list of what you view as Collins' errors.

You did not provide it, but instead engaged in a lot of ad hominem and ex cathedra,
screaming and shouting, and arm waving.

While I side with Bietek on Bronze Ages chronology,
Cline has provided his list.

I have not read Collins books on Cygnus yet.
As Cline has provided his short list, I will read his objections before I read those books.

I'm glad to hear that you've made it to craters and mt DNA haplogroups.
When you get to modern cometary astronomy, and the very tall "Adena" skeletons, let me know
E.P. Grondine

Postby E.P. Grondine » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:54 am

E.P. Grondine

Postby circumspice » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:33 am

This thread has become a senseless yawner. :roll:
circumspice

Postby E.P. Grondine » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:01 am

E.P. Grondine

Postby E.P. Grondine » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAkjQaH ... eQ_TKAUqL-

Here in lies a lot of the problems with working with Andaste remains.

Personally, I am more interested in Benjamin Barton's papers and work.
Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
E.P. Grondine

Postby E.P. Grondine » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:36 am

For those interested in Andrew Collins' current analysis of GT, a summary may be found here:
https://www.academia.edu/6603268/G%C3%B ... en_and_Why

http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/artic ... launch.htm
E.P. Grondine

Postby Tiompan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:56 am

Tiompan

Postby Tiompan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:09 pm

Tiompan

Postby E.P. Grondine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi George -

I try to be civil.
But when you casually refer to me as being a nut,
then the others will have to excuse me if I don't remain civil.
There is simply only so much s*** I can take before things turn ugly.

I'm not the person here proposing a magic comet fairy, you are.
So I propose a deal: you can call me "nuts", if I can call you "stupid".

We have craters now for the Holocene Start Impact Event.
They are real geological data.
And we have dates.

I've told you before that I can no longer do ancient alignments: gausian fits to newtonian conic sections, with orbital permutation over time, and precession.

Others will let you know if and when any alignments to Giacobini Zinner (21P) are confirmed.

Now I asked you for a simple list of your objections to Collins work, not a lot of abuse.
Cline has provided his list.
I provided my on lit of my doubts aabout parts of Collins earlier works;
I have not read anything more recent by him, including his books on Gobekli Tepe.

Moving on to other business, there are large skeletons which have been professionally excavated, by Dragoo and Neuman, and the professional archaeologist from Pittsburgh. While you can lie about Dragoo and Neuman, because they are dead,
you can not lie about the most recent excavation report,
because its author is still living and may sue you for slander.

I simply provided you with a couple of eyewitness contact era accounts of them.
You can do what you whatever you like,
But please remember that the data always wins in the end.
If you want to become a casualty to data, that is your choice (and perhaps your business).

I've some up with my best explanation for it.
All of it.
E.P. Grondine

PreviousNext

Return to Old World