Neandertal wrap up

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Neandertal wrap up

Post by Minimalist » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 am

And when the definition becomes viable.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Digit wrote:Only if we agree on the meaning of 'human' gentlemen.
That would exclude me of course.
I'm neither human, nor gentleman. :lol:

Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Minimalist wrote:There were significant changes from early HE to late HE over the course of that very long time.
Not just across that very long time axis, but regionally distributed as well. And probably re-hybridized a couple times with other waves of, other varieties of, HE.
All that while he conquered the entire globe, first on foot, later by boat, with the possible exception of Antarctica.
HE did most of the heavy lifting in an evolutionary sense. Perhaps that alone qualifies them for the title of Champ?
Absolutely! After all, he's our granddad!

Hail to the conqueror of the world!
Numero Uno over 6 million years of evolution!
How much evolving have HNS and HSS shown from early to late? Maybe the time will come when HSS is regarded as the natural outflow of HE with HNS being merely a group of the same which was isolated by climate and distance from the main highway of development?
The Abos, Papua, and Bushmen are living examples, imo.
Last edited by Rokcet Scientist on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:40 pm

And probably, so are we. Just not as isolated and inbred.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Minimalist wrote:
And probably, so are we. Just not as isolated and inbred.
That just depends on the 'severity' of that isolation. Have you been to the Greek or British isles...? Everybody knows the "English Rose" type woman. That's not a recognizable type for nothing. Etc. etc.

And let's not forget our friend the Hobbit!

The Abos, Papua, and Bushmen are just the most obvious contemporary examples from our caucasian point of view. But by no means the only ones. In fact imo all living types of HS(S) are hybridized descendants of HE. Including us of course.

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:15 pm

More on the subject

http://news.discovery.com/archaeology/n ... ating.html
Asian Neanderthals, Humans Mated
A modern human fossil dating to more than 100,000 years ago in Asia reveals distinctive Neanderthal features.

Asia....not Africa!

-- George Carlin

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:17 pm

And more...

http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/21392.aspx
The discovery of early modern human fossil remains in the Zhirendong (Zhiren Cave) in south China that are at least 100,000 years old provides the earliest evidence for the emergence of modern humans in eastern Asia, at least 60,000 years older than the previously known modern humans in the region.

“These fossils are helping to redefine our perceptions of modern human emergence in eastern Eurasia, and across the Old World more generally,” says Eric Trinkaus, PhD, the Mary Tileston Hemenway Professor in Arts & Sciences and professor of physical anthropology.

The Zhirendong fossils have a mixture of modern and archaic features that contrasts with earlier modern humans in east Africa and southwest Asia, indicating some degree of human population continuity in Asia with the emergence of modern humans.

-- George Carlin

Digit

Post by Digit » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:58 am

Which automatically leads to the question, did they 'go east young man', to the Americas? It also opens a can of worms for the Aboriginies perhaps.
One also has to ask what happened to the OOA 70000 yrs ago idea?

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:00 am

I imagine they are readying their counterattack as we speak. They are NOT going to take this lying down.

The question is, will they have any new evidence to back them or will it be a rehash of the same old stuff?

-- George Carlin

Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:24 am

Digit wrote:Which automatically leads to the question, did they 'go east young man', to the Americas?
It IS more logical to assume they did and that we simply haven't YET found any evidence (sea levels and all that) IN the Americas than to assume they "doubled back" to go to Europe, imo. And the evidence IS that they WERE in east Asia BEFORE they were in Europe!
It also opens a can of worms for the Aboriginies perhaps.
How do you figure that?
One also has to ask what happened to the OOA 70000 yrs ago idea?
That should be demoted to having been just ONE of many waves obviously.

Digit

Post by Digit » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:28 am

Code: Select all

How do you figure that?
Comparative anatomy. If they aren't more HE than late HSS I'll eat my hat.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:00 am

Digit wrote:
How do you figure that?
Comparative anatomy. If they aren't more HE than late HSS I'll eat my hat.
Agree. Their relative 'HE content' may vary but I bet they are hybrids. As the Papua and the Bushmen are, imo.
But how would that open a "can of worms" for them?

Digit

Post by Digit » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:02 am

Ok, it will result in the same group of 'man the God child' experts who have/are so opposed to the idea that we might be part HSN. They won't have got over that shocking idea yet!

Roy.

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:29 am

Then I suppose it is far too much for them to ever warm up to the idea that we are all HE?

-- George Carlin

Digit

Post by Digit » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:16 am

Heresy Min! Heresy!

Roy.