Bamboo Tools?

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Bamboo Tools?

Post by Minimalist » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:26 am

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 101749.htm
cienceDaily (Apr. 13, 2011) — The long-held theory that early human ancestors in East Asia crafted their tools from bamboo and wood is much more complicated than originally conceived, according to a new study. Research until now has failed to address a fundamental question: Is it even possible to make complex bamboo tools with simple stone tools?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

dannan14

Re: Bamboo Tools?

Post by dannan14 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Sharp enough to be used for torture, strong enough to build many things. Still, it seems like it would be a very limited medium.

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Bamboo Tools?

Post by Minimalist » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Agreed but these people learned to adapt to their environment and if you have a pile of bamboo I guess you make use of it.

Besides, you can harden the point of a wooden spear by putting it in a fire. I wonder if that works with bamboo?

Anyone know?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin