Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

All points south!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist

Minimalist
Forum Moderator
Posts: 15672
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:09 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Minimalist » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:56 pm

But it doesn't discard facts which do not fit the mold. That's where religion comes in.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

dannan14
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by dannan14 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Rokcet Scientist wrote:
dannan14 wrote:Yeah RS, but Galileo collected facts and based his arguments upon them. Not the other way around.
Sadly, you're wrong, dannan: good science starts with a hypothesis, and subsequently collects facts or devises experiments to support and test that hypothesis.

And sometimes the facts one collects do not support the hypothesis. Then the hypothesis must be either tweaked or discarded. The you instead discard the "anomalous" facts then see Min's post above.

User avatar
Digit
Posts: 6618
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Digit » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:32 am

He ain't the only nut Min.
Some additional original thinkers for RS.
Hubbard.
Joseph Smith.
Adolph Hitler.
Velikovsky.
Von Daniken.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

User avatar
Digit
Posts: 6618
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Digit » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:53 am

RS is correct Dan in his statement of theory first, evidence following.
We've had his theory but I wouldn't hold your breath whilst waiting for the evidence!
And BTW RS, Galileo got it in the neck, not for original thinking, but for his support of Copernicus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei

Just another dumb follower like the rest of us!

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Minimalist
Forum Moderator
Posts: 15672
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:09 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Minimalist » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Guilt by association.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

JSteen
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:44 pm

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by JSteen » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:06 am

So does 67K years ago not only push back filipino history but also all pacific island history? What are the earliest remains found so far?

User avatar
Digit
Posts: 6618
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Digit » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:41 am

Well the OP states the 'Asia Pacific' region, which is a pretty large area, and states 'boats' so common sense suggests that man was reasonably widespread. The alternative would have to be that the bone comes from the only person in the entire area.
Possible, but extremely coincidental if it was so.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Rokcet Scientist

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Rokcet Scientist » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:42 am

Digit wrote:And BTW RS, Galileo got it in the neck, not for original thinking, but for his support of Copernicus.
I.o.w. he was persecuted for dissent. It was an ordinary witch hunt. He was plain lucky not to be burnt at the stake or thrown into a river to see if he could float.

User avatar
Digit
Posts: 6618
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Digit » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:53 am

He was indeed, but not for 'original thought.'
BTW what is the differnece between my attempting to 'stifle dissent' by asking you to prove your assertions and you doing the same to Uni over the death toll in the camps?

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Rokcet Scientist

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Rokcet Scientist » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:10 am

Digit wrote:He was indeed, but not for 'original thought.'
OK, for following someone with an original – thus deemed blasphemous – thought. The Vatican didn't make that subtle distinction, I assure you.
BTW what is the differnece between my attempting to 'stifle dissent' by asking you to prove your assertions and you doing the same to Uni over the death toll in the camps?
Refresh my memory, got a link?

User avatar
Digit
Posts: 6618
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Digit » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:29 am

Yes I have, but you are attempting to divert my question again.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Rokcet Scientist

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Rokcet Scientist » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Digit wrote:Yes I have, but you are attempting to divert my question again.
No, YOU brought up the subject.

OK, fuck you then.

User avatar
Digit
Posts: 6618
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Digit » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:17 pm

That's how you dodged the last time. Habit forming this is.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Rokcet Scientist

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Rokcet Scientist » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Digit wrote:That's how you dodged the last time. Habit forming this is.
Apparently! You seem positively addicted... :lol:

Gotta dig up what Carl and Niccolò said about that.

User avatar
Digit
Posts: 6618
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Digit » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:24 pm

But I don't swear at people, it's bad manners, as I'm sure your parents told you.
And that is how you terminated another 'debate.'

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Post Reply