Meteors Remind Us They Are Up There.

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Meteors Remind Us They Are Up There.

Post by Minimalist » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:37 pm

http://apnews.excite.com/article/201204 ... 93U82.html
RENO, Nev. (AP) - Astronomers say a loud explosion heard across a large swath of Nevada and California on Sunday morning was likely caused by a meteor.
The sound of the explosion around 8 a.m. prompted a flood of calls to law enforcement agencies on both sides of the Sierra Nevada in the two states.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

dannan14

Re: Meteors Remind Us They Are Up There.

Post by dannan14 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Great. This had to happen at 8am when i was asleep rather than late at night last weekend when i was watching the Lyrid meteor shower. Stupid meteor.

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Meteors Remind Us They Are Up There.

Post by Minimalist » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:39 am

They are totally unreliable....like teen-agers.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin