Cloth-Clad Clovis

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Digit

Re: Cloth-Clad Clovis

Post by Digit » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:37 am

An inconvenient truth?

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:42 am

All I know is that I never get anyone to present all the evidence for life beginning 6,000 years ago in the Middle East.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Digit

Post by Digit » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:24 am

Nor a workable alternative to Natural Selection Min, I've heard a lot say 'I don't believe it,' one today in fact, but alternatives? None!

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

uniface

Post by uniface » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:54 pm

The alternative to imagining that you can comprehend the incomprehensible is to stop imagining that you can comprehend the incomprehensible.

Digit

Post by Digit » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Yeah! What ever that meant! All along Uni you have chosen to speak in riddles and confusion, try plain English for a change please and give as some evidence for you alternatives to Darwinism.

Roy.

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 pm

The alternative to imagining that you can comprehend the incomprehensible is to stop imagining that you can comprehend the incomprehensible.

Sounds like something that an archbishop might say. If they weren't all tied up with the lawyers, that is.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Digit

Post by Digit » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Sounds more like a politician to me Min.

Roy.

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:01 pm

You are suggesting that there is a difference?

-- George Carlin

Digit

Post by Digit » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Sorrryyy!

Roy.

Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:36 pm

uniface wrote:The alternative to imagining that you can comprehend the incomprehensible is to stop imagining that you can comprehend the incomprehensible.
It's only incomprehensible to you, apparently.

uniface

Post by uniface » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:55 am

In retrospect, I only started to really learn at the point when I stopped imagining that I already knew it all.

Before that I was substituting imagination for understanding, and data for facts.

Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:24 am

More circular talk and riddles. Why don't you actually SAY something. You started this argument, but have contributed nothing intelligent to it. What are you a philosophy major?

Digit

Post by Digit » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:30 am

I stopped imagining that I already knew it all.
I've never got to that point!

Roy.

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:33 am

Agree, Dig. Science frequently says "I don't know."

Religion never does.

-- George Carlin

Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:40 am

Minimalist wrote:Agree, Dig. Science frequently says "I don't know."

Religion never does.
AMEN.....er I mean, I agree!