Cloth-Clad Clovis

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

dannan14

Re: Cloth-Clad Clovis

Post by dannan14 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:17 pm

uniface wrote:Some of us grew up in houses full of books and had a distaste for television.
Yup, i sure did and i still do...on both counts.

Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:20 am

I actually love TV and books. Hard to believe, I know.

Digit

Post by Digit » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:09 am

Contrary to expectation, new species appear out of nowhere, without intermediary forms.
Which simply shows that you have no understanding of mordern Darwinism. Would you expect to find Giraffes with steadily longer and longer necks? Or perhaps with long legs so that they had to kneel to feed?

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

dannan14

Post by dannan14 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Frank Harrist wrote:I actually love TV and books. Hard to believe, I know.
Well i do have to admit that the TV is very useful for football and movies.

Digit

Post by Digit » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:10 pm

TV also has great educational edavantages.
I'm watching 'Carry on Cleo!' :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_(film_series) for the eduction of you colonials!

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Digit wrote:TV also has great educational edavantages.
I'm watching 'Carry on Cleo!' :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_(film_series) for the eduction of you colonials!

Roy.
The Romans invade the wet and miserable Britain, and enslave the cowardly maker of square wheels Hengist Pod (Kenneth Connor) and the fearless warrior Horsa (Jim Dale), among others. When an attempt is made to kill the Roman Emperor Julius Caesar (Kenneth Williams) at a Roman temple, Horsa kills Caesar's enemies, but Hengist gets all the credit, and is made Caesar's bodyguard. Meanwhile, Mark Antony

Is this a comedy? I'm referring to "maker of square wheels". Is that a typo or some of that famous British wit?

Digit

Post by Digit » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Yep! Sort of beats the present political broadcasts, trust me!
The series was described as a mixture of comedy and titillation-with the emphasis on tits!
Very educational!

Roy.

uniface

Post by uniface » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:35 pm

Would you expect to find Giraffes with steadily longer and longer necks? Or perhaps with long legs so that they had to kneel to feed?
If I were maintaining that these were changes that conferred some survival advantage that etc. etc. etc., then, yes. I would.

And when 150 years of evidence failed to support it, I'd discard the idea. :wink:

Digit

Post by Digit » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:49 pm

And when 150 years of evidence failed to support it, I'd discard the idea.
Oh goody! So why are you expecting to find 'intermediate species?'
You spoke of species arising out of nowhere. Are you a believer in 'Spontaneous Generation' by any chance?

Roy.

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:53 pm

A good round dozen crocoducks at critical junctures would go a long way toward making it seem plausible.

See, Dig. Right out of the Creation Museum playbook.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Digit

Post by Digit » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Is the tune as bad Min?

Roy.

uniface

Post by uniface » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:56 pm

So why are you expecting to find 'intermediate species?'
Because without them, the whole idea that one species gradually turned into another one comes apart at the seams. aka, "evolved."

Digit

Post by Digit » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Granted. The clue is 'gradually', that is where Darwin was wrong and suggested that he might be so and so are you.
On Ishtar's site I reported an experiment with a Sea Cucumber that kills your idea, I suggest that you look it up.

Roy.

uniface

Post by uniface » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:57 pm

I gave them terminal indigestion.

Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:01 pm

uniface wrote:I gave them terminal indigestion.
I believe that!