Cloth-Clad Clovis

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

uniface

Re: Cloth-Clad Clovis

Post by uniface » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:32 pm

And, for the most part, has. :lol:

(Past tense).

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Rokcet Scientist wrote:
Minimalist wrote:They can apparently deny anything.
That's not the point. The question is: until what point is that denial relevant? As in: taken seriously. In simple English: at what point do you become a joke! The Club doesn't decide that. The world at large does.

Most of the world does not give a rats ass about the argument. There is probably a tipping point when the revisions get written up in the text books. I think we've already reached that point but they are no going quietly into the night.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:34 pm

Minimalist wrote:
Rokcet Scientist wrote:
Minimalist wrote:They can apparently deny anything.
That's not the point. The question is: until what point is that denial relevant? As in: taken seriously. In simple English: at what point do you become a joke! The Club doesn't decide that. The world at large does.
Most of the world does not give a rats ass about the argument. There is probably a tipping point when the revisions get written up in the text books. I think we've already reached that point but they are no going quietly into the night.
It all depends on "being written up in the text books" still being relevant. I posit it is defacto not anymore.
In this 21st century the contents of text books are by definition outdated = irrelevant IRL.
Maybe still interesting to science historians. But only hindering science progress.