Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Kalopin

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by Kalopin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:39 am

Minimalist wrote:
As I have given you many reasons to believe an impact
It seems that you are the only one impressed.

http://vineoflife.net/2013/02/25/recent ... ll-active/
Feb 24, 2013 10:17 AM EST| SOURCE

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – Saturday’s 3.6 magnitude earthquake near Trumann, Arkansas was a reminder that the New Madrid Seismic Zone is still active.

The 3.6 mag. earthquake was centered just southwest of Trumann in Poinsett County and was felt across a dozen or so counties in Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, and Mississippi. It was one of hundreds of earthquakes that shake the region each year.
Perhaps there was another comet strike that everyone missed....except you?
Study the info. at http://koolkreations.wix.com/kalopins-legacy ,please read the article "A Few Comments on 1811" :)


They had to move several seismographs for recording trains! A 3.6 magnitude is very weak and could have been a number of factors [a C.E.R.I. brainfart! :lol: ]! As I am sure you have enough intelligence to understand that the Fracking to remove natural gas in the area has been a big concern. USGS and C.E.R.I. have exploded bombs over the fault to study propogation waves. The NMSZ is an active fault and has had numerous small quakes since its discovery. No, nott 'impressed', but if there had been a seismograph anywhere near this impact in 1811, if it wasn't instantly destroyed, it would have read off the charts! [impressive :!: ]

There have been several new discoveries since I have put forth my hypothesis. Just recently another fault system was discovered running along The Wolf River, just to the north of the suggested impact structure, now known as T"he Big Creek Fault Zone", although this fault was suggested many years earlier, but this geologist was ignored, until now: http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/mmri/programs/seismic.html
You see, they are just starting to give better study to the southern embayment. Here is the next phase: http://www.memphis.edu/riverproject/phase3.php
It appears to me that they will eventually have to run into this central impact structure and finally realize? :D

I hope you understand that I do not argue whether or not this seismic zone was already active, or of any of the past or more recent quakes, only that the mechanism for the earthquake sequence in 1811-1812 was a meteor impact. Again, it was not the entire comet to impact, just meteoroids from the dust tail.

Surely you have more sense than this? :?
Last edited by Kalopin on Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kalopin

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by Kalopin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:59 am

circumspice wrote:Awww, isn't that precious? We have a troll! :lol:
Yea, YOU!
Remain ignorant! :lol:
Should I even try to appeal to your "common sense" :? ?
Please think carefully now- There was a mountain ["up the Washita Valley"] in the middle of Mississippi that had fallen to the ground. How could this have occurred from an earthquake near New Madrid, Mo.? Now, pay close attention to the design of the topography throughout Mississippi and west Tennessee. It all moves upward, from down passed Jackson and going toward New Madrid, Mo.. This has been studied by everyone that has investigated the NMSZ. It is known as "The Upland Complex" and it does NOT propagate out from New Madrid, but Marshall County, Ms.. So this means all this land was pulled and pushed upward TOWARD New Madrid to flatten these volcanoes! See what I mean? And why has this information been ignored?

What is truly sad is that none of this has been looked at before! I, alone, have been the only one, and have yet to find anyone to join in with finding the facts to put this all together. I ask to have the rocks verified and I am told that they can't be impactites because they have not been verified. I ask for someone to help, and am told that no one else is with me. Do you not understand your hypocricies?

You have NO rebuttal, so you retreat to insults that only show your own lack of intelligence and investigative knowledge. Good luck with your future endeavors, especially concerning science, you are going to need it! :lol:

E.P. Grondine

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by E.P. Grondine » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:42 am

Kalopin wrote:
circumspice wrote:Awww, isn't that precious? We have a troll! :lol:
Yea, YOU!
Remain ignorant! :lol:
Should I even try to appeal to your "common sense" :? ?
Please think carefully now- There was a mountain ["up the Washita Valley"] in the middle of Mississippi that had fallen to the ground. How could this have occurred from an earthquake near New Madrid, Mo.? Now, pay close attention to the design of the topography throughout Mississippi and west Tennessee. It all moves upward, from down passed Jackson and going toward New Madrid, Mo.. This has been studied by everyone that has investigated the NMSZ. It is known as "The Upland Complex" and it does NOT propagate out from New Madrid, but Marshall County, Ms.. So this means all this land was pulled and pushed upward TOWARD New Madrid to flatten these volcanoes! See what I mean? And why has this information been ignored?

What is truly sad is that none of this has been looked at before! I, alone, have been the only one, and have yet to find anyone to join in with finding the facts to put this all together. I ask to have the rocks verified and I am told that they can't be impactites because they have not been verified. I ask for someone to help, and am told that no one else is with me. Do you not understand your hypocricies?

You have NO rebuttal, so you retreat to insults that only show your own lack of intelligence and investigative knowledge. Good luck with your future endeavors, especially concerning science, you are going to need it! :lol:
Hi Circumspice -

Thanks, though I think you are off on your species identification.
I believe we have a gremlin, and not a troll.

dannan14
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by dannan14 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:21 pm

EP, i think i've got to agree with Circumspice for this one. And, as a result, i award to Kalopin, this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSA_sWGM44

User avatar
circumspice
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by circumspice » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Kalopin wrote:
circumspice wrote:Awww, isn't that precious? We have a troll! :lol:

I, alone, have been the only one,


Delusions of grandeur or Messianic complex? :?:

You name it, I'll call it. :lol:
"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope

Nacon
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by Nacon » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:39 pm

Kalopin wrote:Hello,
I am looking for those that may have an interest to further investigate recent findings concerning the events surrounding December 16, 1811. There is a central concave structure in Northeastern Marshall County, Mississippi which every hill in the valley emanates out from in a shockwave pattern. On the northwest face numerous highly unusual rocks were found with all aspects in appearance to impactites.

There are many unanswered questions that only an impact scenario can answer. Would anyone know of a research team willing to study this in better detail? Does there appear to be a shockwave pattern? Thanks
Greetings, and my apologies for entering this discourse at a rather late date.

As others have noted, there may be difficulties in your interpretation of the geological data. Have briefly reviewed some of your photographic "evidence". Working from photographs is inherently limiting, particularly when scaling is not always utilized. That said, it would appear that quite a number of your specimens are of sedimentary genesis (conglomerates, concretions, etc.) This would not be inconsistent with the general geomorphology of northern Mississippi.

Should you choose to provide somewhat more detailed PLSS data (USGS Quad, Twn./Rng/Sec.), it may be possible to provide further information in this regard.

.

User avatar
Ernie L
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by Ernie L » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Image
Regards Ernie

Kalopin

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by Kalopin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:19 pm

Nacon wrote:
Kalopin wrote:Hello,
I am looking for those that may have an interest to further investigate recent findings concerning the events surrounding December 16, 1811. There is a central concave structure in Northeastern Marshall County, Mississippi which every hill in the valley emanates out from in a shockwave pattern. On the northwest face numerous highly unusual rocks were found with all aspects in appearance to impactites.

There are many unanswered questions that only an impact scenario can answer. Would anyone know of a research team willing to study this in better detail? Does there appear to be a shockwave pattern? Thanks
Greetings, and my apologies for entering this discourse at a rather late date.

As others have noted, there may be difficulties in your interpretation of the geological data. Have briefly reviewed some of your photographic "evidence". Working from photographs is inherently limiting, particularly when scaling is not always utilized. That said, it would appear that quite a number of your specimens are of sedimentary genesis (conglomerates, concretions, etc.) This would not be inconsistent with the general geomorphology of northern Mississippi.

Should you choose to provide somewhat more detailed PLSS data (USGS Quad, Twn./Rng/Sec.), it may be possible to provide further information in this regard.

.

Thanks for your interest. I have given study to this for more than a dozen years now and determined it worth the study.
I have thousands more samples, each one a unique shape. Honestly the strangest rocks I have ever seen. There is NO sedimentary process, that I am aware of, to possibly create such diverse designs. As I have previously asked, What process leaves a 'swirl' design on a boulder, or can weld two seperate slabs together? There is no other process, other than an impact, that could have produced so much 'melt rock', right at the surface of a circular depression.

Sure, I have been told that I have just noticed an oxbow feature from an ancient river meander and that the rocks are just common concretions exhumed from a failed rift, But I know better! They have NOT done the study! What I have is so obvious, I will stand in the face of any criticism and gladly laugh at the ineptitude! :lol:

One problem- Most of the rocks collected considered to be just concretions are actually cometary impactites. Meteorites are so misunderstood. Asteroids and meteoroids will mostly melt coming in and leave only the hardest materials such as iron. Cometary material is incased in ice, comes in at much cooler temps and can contain many types of rock to impact, creating the most unusual shapes. Currently geology is in its infancy and has many unsubstantiated hypotheses, just unestablished beliefs.

Please give closer look to the rocks and where they came from on the satellite view. Just below The Wolf River Bottoms [the circular pattern above eastern Marshall County] you will find the central depression surrounded by every hill in the entire valley. If you or anyone would like to go through the thread and answer all the simple, but apparently unanswerable questions? There is no doubt there was a recent catastrophic impact.

34* 58'31.38"N x 89* 24'17.15"W should take you to a small field at about the center of the basin. Zoom in and pan out until you notice that all features surround this point. Take away the erosion and development of two centuries in a river valley and see all the semi-circular fractures to give a "bullseye" design. Right where Mill Pond Rd. and Early Grove Rd. meet, just the little section, the roads follow the circular terrain of the inside lower basin of the proposed crater. This structure still has a strong circular southern rim. The northern face is covered in small canyons and deep creeks. By studying the satellite view and immediate topography, it appears this bolide came in at a rather low trajectory [maybe 30-40 degrees?] from almost due south. It must have come in over the horizon, as the comet came up from the southern hemisphere [where it was last seen before passing] and left Earth travelling through its dust tail for over a month...

Can you have some samples determined? :)

Minimalist
Forum Moderator
Posts: 15787
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:09 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by Minimalist » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:00 am

Again, it was not the entire comet to impact, just meteoroids from the dust tail.
Now matter how many times you say it it remains little more than an assertion until you can provide evidence to back it up.

Do you understand that?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Nacon
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by Nacon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Kalopin wrote:
There is NO sedimentary process, that I am aware of, to possibly create such diverse designs.

34* 58'31.38"N x 89* 24'17.15"W

Can you have some samples determined?
:)
1) You may be simplifying matters a bit. Lithic materials that were originally the product of sedimentary processes can be subject to quiet an array of metamorphic and/or erosional alterations. Metamorphosed siltstones and quartzites would be but two examples. As is clearly the case in a number of your "examples", differential erosion is at least one factor.

2) Based upon the data which you provided, it would appear that you are dealing with materials from the Tallahatta Formation of the Clairborne Group (Eocene). Sedimentary in origin. One must then ask how a comet could be carrying sedimentary materials.

3) Am unsure as to your use of the term "samples determined". If you mean "samples identified", contacting the NRCS office in Holly Springs would likely lead to contact with individuals who could be of assistance. Below is their contact information:

http://offices.sc.egov.usda.gov/locator ... OfficeLink

You may also consider contacting a local high school geology teacher or university geology department.

.

Kalopin

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by Kalopin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:22 am

Nacon wrote:
Kalopin wrote:
There is NO sedimentary process, that I am aware of, to possibly create such diverse designs.

34* 58'31.38"N x 89* 24'17.15"W

Can you have some samples determined?
:)
1) You may be simplifying matters a bit. Lithic materials that were originally the product of sedimentary processes can be subject to quiet an array of metamorphic and/or erosional alterations. Metamorphosed siltstones and quartzites would be but two examples. As is clearly the case in a number of your "examples", differential erosion is at least one factor.

2) Based upon the data which you provided, it would appear that you are dealing with materials from the Tallahatta Formation of the Clairborne Group (Eocene). Sedimentary in origin. One must then ask how a comet could be carrying sedimentary materials.

3) Am unsure as to your use of the term "samples determined". If you mean "samples identified", contacting the NRCS office in Holly Springs would likely lead to contact with individuals who could be of assistance. Below is their contact information:

http://offices.sc.egov.usda.gov/locator ... OfficeLink

You may also consider contacting a local high school geology teacher or university geology department.

.
Thanks. I really appreciate your help with this. I am sure of what I have. I just contacted NRCS and talked to Bruce Willis [sounds like the right guy? :lol: ], but he refferred me back to Professor Charles Swann at Ole Miss, who I have spoken with many times. He is currently rather busy with several projects. He was the one to discover The Big Creek Fault Zone, and is currently teaching so he has and does have a lot, although tells me he will get up here soon! :)

Many locals know already. The article "A Few Comments on 1811" is from a presentation I did at The Holly Springs Museum. The Curator Mrs. Lois Swaney Shipp and her husband Mr. Ira Shipp have been a great help :) . She put several comments in her column at 'The South Reporter' [Thursday July 28, 2011-section 1-page 7- Society]: http://www.southreporter.com/2011/wk30/society.html .

Emeritus Professor Lawrence Dixon congratulated me and The Society for Interdisciplinary Studies has given me recognition for my hypothesis. The book is on their "Resources" page. Here is the review: http://www.sis-group.org.uk/news/did-co ... e-1811.htm . They kept in the news for several months :) .

I have a news story/link at New Madrid earthquake.com http://newmadridearthquake.com/2012/10/ ... 1811-1812/ that has been a featured article since October and FOX13 did a story http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/19865 ... drid-quake [Tom Dees and crew did an excellent job, like the F/X!] So its not like I am not getting anywhere. It just seems to be taking way too long and I am not the patient one! :wink:

I really do have hundreds more very unusual samples. There are way too many, too close together, right at the surface of a concave circular depression. The melt is VERY obvious!
If you are able to find ANY more information, please let me know. Maybe send me an email, to avoid nonsensacles! :lol:
Thanks! :)

E.P. Grondine

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by E.P. Grondine » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:15 am

Hi Nacon -

You have to remember that kalopin is simply interested in creating "nonsensacles".
Think of it as intellectual anarchism: idiot displays that make kalopin the center of attention.

Nacon
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by Nacon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:02 pm

E.P. Grondine wrote:Hi Nacon -

You have to remember that kalopin is simply interested in creating "nonsensacles".
Think of it as intellectual anarchism: idiot displays that make kalopin the center of attention.
Greetings E.P.

Agreed. Have been following these pages for a number of years and only chose to interject at this point in the hopes of providing a modicum of constructive guidance. Apparently to little avail. When an individual professes to have the capacity to visually identify nanodiamonds (in an apparently morphed sedimentary matrix!), well...

Edit: Punctuation.

Kalopin

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by Kalopin » Wed May 01, 2013 6:52 am

Nacon wrote:
E.P. Grondine wrote:Hi Nacon -

You have to remember that kalopin is simply interested in creating "nonsensacles".
Think of it as intellectual anarchism: idiot displays that make kalopin the center of attention.
Greetings E.P.

Agreed. Have been following these pages for a number of years and only chose to interject at this point in the hopes of providing a modicum of constructive guidance. Apparently to little avail. When an individual professes to have the capacity to visually identify nanodiamonds (in an apparently morphed sedimentary matrix!), well...

Edit: Punctuation.
You peolple are just schtoopiddd!!
The 'anarchy' is what you currently believe- a tectonic plate just snapped AGAIN right in the middle!? :lol:
IF you are unable to help, then shut-up. I have tried to end your ignorance several times [to no avail].
E.P. I do not care to have any of YOUR attention! And, The ChicKasaw were descendants of The Mississippians!-


Nacon,
If you had read the thread properly, you would have noticed that I came here looking to have my rocks verified, not misjudged from afar. I never said that I had identified nanodiamonds, I said some of the rocks had the APPEARANCE of nanodiamonds. They are covered in tiny glistening, crystaline carbon particles, spherical molecular structures, that are quite obvious to see! What do you mean in a "morphed sedimentary matrix'. The rocks are NOT and could NOT be sedimentary, they are all metamorphic from an impact. If you can not see this, then go back to school-oh, wait, I'm sorry- Apparently,They don't even know what cometary impactites look like in any school either, good luck.

And- What do you mean- "Have been following these pages for a number of years"?-please clarify! Your "constructive guidance" was a suggestion to contact ones who can do nothing. There is no meteoritics lab anywhere near here, because this country's educational system is a FARCE! Just as everyone's understanding of the Mississippi embayment!

You see, There were very few settlers or explorers to get to see the original Missiissppi valley. I have little doubt that, since The Mississppians and related tribes were all 'mound builders', the entire valley was full of magnificent pyramids and other designed mounds, along with great villages, destroyed instantly and lost forever. Especially because of actions just as the ones displayed on this thread.

If you do not understand, ask the question, I will explain it again. There is no other option, sorry! There is no other process that could have formed the Mississippi embayment, sorry! There is no other process that could have formed these rocks, other than a cometary impact, sorry!
You have every opportunity to give your description of the satellite view and what formed the topography. You have every chance to try and educate me on what caused all the unusual occurrances during these events. Yet you all have NOTHING!
So, unless you can come up with another scenario to explain every detail, as I have, then SHUT-T-F-UP!!! :lol:

P.S. E.P.-If you just need to have the last word, make another stupid-ass comment and I will, do my best to, leave it alone! :lol: :wink:

"Impact Products"?! -stick that one up your search engine :lol: The rocks are NOT for sell! The comment below displays the example well enough :lol: :roll: :arrow: 8)
Last edited by Kalopin on Wed May 01, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

E.P. Grondine

Re: Mississippi Embayment/Bolide Astrobleme

Post by E.P. Grondine » Wed May 01, 2013 7:34 am

Good morning, kalopin -

Let's get this straight.

kalopin, you are the "Honey Boo-Boo" of a number of fields of science.

What part of "No" do you have trouble understanding?

In the real world, if you try to sell any of your geological "samples" as being impact products, unless you get some lab to say that they are impact products beforehand, the International Meteorite Collectors Association will see that you stop, pay restitution, and face criminal penalties.

As for the Chickasaw, they were not "removed" until after the New Madrid earthquake, and they do not remember any impact or plasma phenomenon occuring. Same for the Osage, and for that matter, everyone else living in the area.

I asked you before to do a simple energy calculation and I provided you with a simple formula. You found a calculator, but you then still refused to use it. What the hell is wrong? Does math scare you?

Post Reply