Coneheads

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

uniface

Coneheads

Post by uniface » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:50 am

If even some of this is true, the Spookiness Quotient involved = very high. :shock:

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/these- ... -not-human

MichelleH
Site Admin

Re: Coneheads

Post by MichelleH » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:44 am

Psuedoarchaeological claim....Not aliens or hybrids, just humans with ritualistically modified crania....
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

uniface

Post by uniface » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:20 am

Reading what you wrote, I could almost swear I was hearing a guy in an air force uniform saying "Swamp Gas."
These elongated skulls are much, much larger than human skulls would be. Purposeful cranial deformation can change the shape of a skull, but it cannot increase the volume of the skull.

In addition, these skulls have quite a few other, important physical characteristics that greatly set them apart . . .
Unfortunately, I'm too deaf to hear what the narrators are saying on the videos. But you probably can.

I think it would be neat if people would read & listen before imposing their predetermined "right answers" on stuff they're sometimes not familiar enough with to be passing judgement on at all.

Being ignorant is the human condition -- inescapable.

But being a clown is optional. :wink:

MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:32 am

Brien Foerster (tour guide and alternative theorist) and his buddy Lloyd Pye are the clowns in this misadventure.
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Maybe it should be
“ritualistically modified crania of giants.…”

uniface

Post by uniface » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:48 pm

I don't pretend to know what "the truth" is.

But I do know that once people start discounting / dismissing evidence because it doesn't accord with what they believe, about anything, the clown hat fits them.

IMHO. :D

shawomet

Post by shawomet » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:15 am

Interesting that the website is called "The Truth". Anyway, here's the "truth" on the Starchild skull; not sure why it continues to be promoted as alien:

http://www.badarchaeology.com/?page_id=1417

And yes, that page is called "Bad Archaeology", but, really, in the case of the Starchild skull, that's what it is. I enjoy ufology myself, but Dr. Greer always struck me as a consummate huckster more then anything.

Here's another of Dr. Greer's failed attempts at "archaeological" proof of aliens:

http://whofortedblog.com/2013/05/11/not ... pley-knew/

uniface

Post by uniface » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:08 am

That sort of thing is fine, as far as it goes.

But narrowing attention to and making much of (supposedly) disproven claims is not addressing the other matters involved. It's a rhetorical trick to make something seem to go away in the minds of people who are not paying attention but depending on the gist of what others seem to believe.

This alone makes me suspicious whenever I encounter it.

Both sides may well be FOS. But if there's anything factual in there, it deserves proper acknowledgement.

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:14 am

But narrowing attention to and making much of (supposedly) disproven claims is not addressing the other matters involved.

No, when one lie is detected - 1,000 are suspected. That is the maxim.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

uniface

Post by uniface » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:15 am

Manure.

If that were in any sense valid, there would BE no science at all -- of any kind.

Stop smoking whatever's making you feel omnicient, OK ? :?

E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:52 am

Hi uniface, min -

This one is easy.

If you look at the end of the Pye video, you will find the connection with Kempton's own Adventures Unlimited Press and David Hatcher Childress.

If you look at the Genesis Quest video, you will see the Genesis Project, David's follow-up for the "Ancient Aliens" television series.
Note Scott Walter's (America Unearthed) ties as well.

There are a lot of people around praying for aliens to save them from their own stupidity.
They never bother to ask why any aliens would want to save them, when they are that stupid.

Aside from that, it's fun, and nearly all of us have a deficit of real fun in our lives.
I don't know about you, but I do know I could certainly use more.

But of course, as Raoul Amundsen once said, "Adventure is just the result of poor planning".
And I myself have had a stroke in the hometown of Adventures Unlimited.

By the way, just like the Genesis folks, I could use some money to finish off my research on Richard Kieninger and/David Hatcher Childress.
(At least $4,000 to hire Jim Riordan just for the book. More for the movie. Are any of you pissed off enough?
Otherwise, I really do not want to hear your bitching and moaning. )

If any of you know Johnny Depp's or Robert Downey's people, here's the current Richard Kieninger pitch:

Complete geek/nerd young boy becomes fascinated with old theosophist cult.

In High School he meets up with teacher who is cult believer.

(Actor will have to play teen age high school Richard to 70 year old Richard.
And there will be a whole whole lot of sex scenes.
With plenty of female frontal nudity.
Along with drug use.
This is necessary for the film.)

As young married man, he finally visits cult.

Cult founders are fighting over money, Richard steals their cult, he fails, but they let him back in.
Richard leaves (or is thrown out by) his wife and kids, meets young girl, steals cult for a second time.
Richard sells 250,000 books, believers start showing up in Chicago, including twin Playboy bunnies.

Richard has his followers buy him a cornfield south of Chicago,
and build him a community,
which he then sells to them.

(By the way, at some point in here Richard is interviewed by young Oprah Winfrey.)

After they move there he begins seducing their wives and young girls.
They throw him out of town for this, in the end no less than three times.

David Hatcher Childress shows up between expulsions with his travel slides, and goes into business with Richard.

When Richard is thrown out of town again, for the same thing, David becomes "independent"

By now Richard has moved his most devote followers to outside Dallas, Texas,
where he does the same thing again,
AND becomes involved with the Republic of Texas.

Richard prints up several million in fake money,
AND he manages to spend about $300,000 or so before the government steps in.
Richard rats out everyone he got involved in the scheme, and gets minimum sentence.

While in jail Richard develops cancer of the prostrate, and refuses to have it treated.
He is seventy years old.

After he gets out, Richard takes his most devoted followers to the tip of Baja, California, and tries to convince them to buy land for him.

Richard dies.

After various to and froing, Dave goes on to become the person you see on TV today, after he and von Danikan's man in the States trade mailing lists.

Summary: Geek evolves into self appointed prophet and sexual predator.
It's way better than Ed Wood, and all true, with plenty of colorful minor characters, and a whole lot of sex and drug scenes.
(But note that there never was any rock and roll.)

But I have lost my sense of humor and had a stroke.

However, Jim Riordan (Oliver Stone, The Doors) lives nearby in Kankakee, knows the story, and might be available if advance money comes and the terms are right.
We're both WGA.

I just need money and a quiet sunny working space in LA for a few months, along with some travel money, and a few more interviews.
And an editor/co-writer.

There's also video tapes available (through Dan Glenn at WB and Indiana State U.), as well as some which might be retrieved for the actors to study.

Best might be Stone/Depp, if it could be pulled off.
Its all true, but could Stone handle that much humor?

Anyone got some cash to gamble with? I need new tires and struts.

If so, PM me here.
Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:32 am

Maybe you should start. You seem to fall for any half-assed idea that someone puts on a web site.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:44 am

Hi min, uniface
Minimalist wrote:
Maybe you should start. You seem to fall for any half-assed idea that someone puts on a web site.
uniface, Nacom set out the facts.

If you want to read them, do; if you don't, then don't.

But never present yourself as an expert, or question an expert's expertise, until you know the simple physical facts.

I put up with this kind of crap all the time in the field of comet and asteroid impact.

There are a lot of people who can't handle any physical fact that interferes with their theories and fantasies.

uniface

Post by uniface » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:36 pm

That's ALL I'm asking, EP.

Or ever have asked where fringe stuff like this (& giants, &c.) has been concerned.

No canned conclusions imposed in in advance. And slogans are not Laws, either.

Tiompan

Post by Tiompan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:46 pm

uniface wrote:
And slogans are not Laws, either.
Like that one .