The Tunnels

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist

uniface

The Tunnels

Post by uniface » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:32 am

This more nearly belongs here than anywhere else . It is outstandingly well researched & put together. Scoff if it suits you, but something is behind this. There's too much involved for there not to be.

http://borderlandresearch.com/tunnels-titans

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: The Tunnels

Post by Minimalist » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:04 am

Vincent Hayes Gaddis (December 28, 1913 – February 26, 1997) was an American author who coined the phrase "Bermuda Triangle" in a February 1964 Argosy cover piece. He popularized many stories about anomalous phenomena in a style similar to that of Charles Fort.
Consider it scoffed!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:46 pm

I judge the content, not the author and I found it to be a we;;-written article with many plausible ideas. Most NA cultures' creation myths do involve emerging from below ground. I have always been fascinated by this and wondered why. This is a possible explanation...at least partially....maybe.

shawomet

Post by shawomet » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:06 am

A skeptic's spin....

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/exagg ... th-america

A video clip by the same guy who's promoting "elongated skulls are alien" idea. Just a fact, not meant as a dig...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5cKpsAaeY4&app=desktop

uniface

Post by uniface » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:12 am

Fine.

People are forever wanting to play Compare-&-Contrast with some possibility like this, using the current paradigm (with all its attendant limitations and factual ignorance) as their touchstone of evaluation. When they do this they are never leaving the circumscribed set of beliefs and assumptions they started out with. Since they're not exploring but only recapitulating what they already think they know, they consequently get nowhere, frequently concluding (and this cracks me up) that "In summation, we must continue to believe that . . ." GIGO. Belief IN, belief back OUT. Round and around and around they go. :lol:

IMHO, it would be better if they would question how some seemingly off-the-wall notion like The Tunnels could be so widespread. And if their paradigm doesn't plausibly account for it, to note that the paradigm itself has to be suspended rather than indiscriminately applied to everything like a rubber stamp to documents. THAT approach would at least enable someone perceptive & familiar with the topic to start connecting dots to encounter a better reception than

Where's the Imprimatur and Nihil Obstat on this ??? :evil:

(I'd almost be tempted to ask that guy whether Guilt By Association was an acceptable procedure in "science" but I know better. I know from experience by now that despite his pretenses (and even personal belief), it's useless appealing to the rules of scientific procedure because it isn't science he's dealing in).

kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:13 pm

It reminds me a lot of the Burrows Cave controversy.
But older.
If you want to have people believe they are there, organize a exploration party, with lots of video guys and at least some “legitimate” professionals, and then show the world.
You may step on some toes, but…….
At the least you will have a Bosnia pyramid, and tourist income.

shawomet

Post by shawomet » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:57 am

To hell with why the existence of tunnels became a widespread belief. Let's see one of the tunnels running for hundreds of miles. Forrester pointed out a tunnel complex of some sort, but seemingly not miles in extent. If a vaster system of tunnels exist, let us see them. Period. Colavito says it started with Blavatsky. Who gives a damn. Let's see the tunnels!

To hell with complaining about compare and contrast, current paradigms, yada, yada, yada. Let us see the tunnels that run for hundreds of miles. Saying it is so because "there must be something to it" can only take us so far, and saying it must be so does not make it so. If there is a tunnel system underlying the SA continent, where's the beef?

uniface

Post by uniface » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:47 am

You want to see one ? Go dig your way into one & report back instead of expecting curb service.

Seriously. Just offhand I can recall reports of long underground tunnels discovered in Los Angeles in the 1930s & (from unreliable memory) in Oklahoma a couple of times by miners.

People file those under the Nutter heading because they don't want them to be so. So that's the heading you find them under, and around it goes. Hah -- look at that ! Got any reports that aren't from Nut Job sites ?!?!?! :lol:

uniface

Post by uniface » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:56 am

But on second thought, seeing as you're such a great guy, I looked around for you (more effort that it seems you figured it was worth) & came up with

http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-his ... rope-00540

http://rense.com/general62/msytun.htm (13 in the Western Hemisphere)

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tierr ... ca_17b.htm (Settle, E.P.).

kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:09 pm

Has anyone of record examined the possibility of a connection, in function ,of these tunnels and the well known and well explored water collection and storage systems of the mid-east?

“Hezekiah’s water tunnel” in Jerusalem is the most published, but it was far from unique.
The Sinai Peninsula is full of long range, and very old, water tunnels.