[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Archaeologica.org • View topic - Fingerprints of the Gods - Book Review

Fingerprints of the Gods - Book Review

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Postby marduk » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:16 pm

I would love to have the faith to believe that the Earth was created in seven days but... I have thoughts "Lewis Black"
marduk

Postby Minimalist » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:18 am

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Beagle » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:20 am

Beagle

Postby Beagle » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:54 am

Beagle

Postby Minimalist » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:50 am

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby marduk » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:03 am

Hancock makes a huge leap though
hes claiming that the factual information that very few people were utilising vegetable in their diet from a natural unfarmed source means that they were also busy on the Giza plateau marking out the foundations for the pyramids
and that then due to natural flooding in the nile region the people forgot all about their building plans for 8000+ years in a struggle for survival

heads up
the nile flooded every year. the fact that people no longer subsisted on vegetable crops (poss barley :roll: ) does not mean that they were on their way to building pyramids during the ice age
it suggests that they got lucky for a couple of seasons because of a bumper natural abundance of cereals and then gave the whole idea up because it was easier to fish

this in no way supports any of Hancocks conclusions and he deliberately doesn't reproduce any of the wording of the report he claims supports him because it doesn't

do you guys look in both directions when you are crossing a busy road or just one like you do when discussing history ?
at some point you're gonna get flattened by a semi
:lol:
I would love to have the faith to believe that the Earth was created in seven days but... I have thoughts "Lewis Black"
marduk

Postby Beagle » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:37 pm

Beagle

Postby Minimalist » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:10 pm

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Beagle » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:23 pm

Beagle

Postby marduk » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:29 pm

marduk

Postby Beagle » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Beagle

Postby Minimalist » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:51 pm

Forgetting Hancock for the moment there should be some commentary on the ideas of Hoffman, Wendorff, etc.

Of course, we can fully expect the Club to disavow any importance of them.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Beagle » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:55 pm

I'd love to hear them. I may agree with them. :lol:
Beagle

Postby Minimalist » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:59 pm

I'll go scouting around.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Beagle » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:13 pm

I'm reviewing a bit, it's been awhile. On p. 412 GH is making reference to these guys. I'm reading the "key facts" about them.
Beagle

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Discussion Forum