[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Archaeologica.org • View topic - Fractals; its time

Fractals; its time

The study of religious or heroic legends and tales. One constant rule of mythology is that whatever happens amongst the gods or other mythical beings was in one sense or another a reflection of events on earth. Recorded myths and legends, perhaps preserved in literature or folklore, have an immediate interest to archaeology in trying to unravel the nature and meaning of ancient events and traditions.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Postby woodrabbit » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:14 pm

Its more complicated than it seems.
woodrabbit

Postby Ishtar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:31 am

You just gotta love that Mr Mandelbrot! It took a guy like that to open my eyes to The Truth!!!!

No wonder I’ve always been so dirt poor! I wouldn't say I was trailer trash - but only because we don't have trailers in the UK.

I blame my old maths teacher. She used to insist, despite my protests, that a negative and a negative made a plus.

“–2 + –2 = 4,” she’d drum into us.

But if –2 + –2 did really equal 4, I’d be rolling in millions now. I’d have hired Fiona Shackleton. And my two exes would have had to cough up £2 million each – not to the mention the diamonds, the minks and the houses in Monte Carlo and Aspen.

Instead, the first one gave me 50p for the bus. And the second one tried to sue me.

The upshot was that I was £2 million down after the first husband, and another £2 million down after the second.

But now that gorgeous Mr Mandelbrot has finally stood up and spoken the truth! Whadda guy! A negative plus a negative equals a negative, of course!

–2 + –2 = –4.

Negentropy, he calls it. I’ll make sure my lawyer includes that word on the writ when we sue my old maths teacher for the cool four million.

Taraah for now!!

Glenda Slagg

Gossip columnist/Chaos theory correspondent
Ishtar of and the .
Ishtar

Postby Ishtar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:07 am

Hi Wood,

Glad you’re dropping by this discussion. We certainly welcome your wise input.

I will talk about the Strange Attractor/Magnetiser, as you asked. But first I want to explain about the power of intention, which we know about from our shamanic work, but it also occurs in quantum theory.

Once this foundation stone is down, we can then build upon it to show how we can interact with the ‘god particle’ of Chaos Theory, the Strange Magnetiser, by the power of intention within the quantum.

To explain the power of intention from a scientific point of view, I’m going to do a straight lift from Tom Kenyon’s writings on the subject – partly because I don’t think I can improve on his version, but also because he is a shaman with a scientific background. I will just supply the pictures.

So this is from The Magdalen Manuscript by Tom Kenyon.

... Objects of less than one thousandth of an inch obey the laws of Newtonian mechanics. This is because they have enough mass (i.e. density or weight) to have gravitational fields.

However, objects of less than one thousandth of an inch follow a different drummer. This is because their density or mass is too small to create a gravitational field of any consequence...

The quantum world is very strange indeed. So is the fact that both you and I live in the Newtonian and quantum universes simultaneously. Our bodies are squarely in the Newtonian world. If we jump off a cliff, for instance, we will fall until we hit the ground, victims of gravity...

But if we enter the atomic and subatomic levels of our bodies, we are in a different world altogether. The miniscule particles that comprise our bodies are not bound by the laws of Newtonian physics. They are, instead, bound by quantum mechanics.

The quantum world is very bizarre by our standards. Perhaps one way to describe this is to discuss experiments with light. Now, light can take two very different forms, with very different properties. It can, for instance, take the form of particles (photons), or it can take the form of waves.

As absurd as it sounds, if a researcher is looking for light in the form of waves, that is how light will present itself in the experiment. If however, the researcher is looking for light in the form of particles, that is what he or she will see. This early discovery in quantum physics eventually became formalised as Bell’s Theorem which states that at the quantum level, there is no objective observer since the intention of the experimenter affects the outcome.

Somehow, the intention of the researcher mysteriously affects the behaviour of subatomic particles. How this happens has not been explained by science, but it is generally accepted that Bell’s Theorem is true.

But there is weird place where the quantum world and the Newtonian world meet and it is, of all places, inside our minds.

Tucked away inside our brains our teeny tiny gaps between nerve cells. These spaces between neurons are called synapses and the average distance of these gaps – as you’ve probably already guessed – is approximately one thousandth of an inch, the entry gate into the strange world of quantum events.

A nerve impulse has to travel the length of a neuron and jump across a tiny synaptic gap if it is to get to the next neuron. Nerve impulses are much like relay races in which they have to travel the length of a neuron and jump a hurdle. What actually jumps the hurdle is a little molecule called a neurotransmitter.

At any one moment, there are thousands upon thousands of these neurotransmitters jumping hurdles. And each moment is a quantum event since these molecules are approximately less than one thousandth of an inch.

This is one reason why our thoughts can be so novel and unpredictable. Some of the neurotransmitters jumping the synaptic hurdle ‘make it’, while others do not.

Those that make the leap create a response within the next nerve cell. If these hurdles take place in the thinking part of the brain (neocortex) then we will have the experience of thought.

The concept of intention is both crucial to both quantum physics and internal alchemy. Indeed, it is through the agency of both mental attention and personal will (intention) that the alchemist is able to affect quantum events within his or her body/mind.

Ishtar of and the .
Ishtar

Postby Ishtar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:26 am

Ishtar of and the .
Ishtar

Postby Ishtar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:44 am

OK, just one more, and then I promise I'll shut up.

Here is an artist's impression, based on scientific observations, of how electromagnetic energy from the Sun interacts with and holds the Earth in place.

And here's Lorenz's fractal of the Strange Attractor (or Strange Magnetiser) again.

Ishtar of and the .
Ishtar

Postby john » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:21 pm

"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain
john

Postby Grumpage » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:13 pm

Grumpage

Postby Ishtar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Ishtar of and the .
Ishtar

Postby john » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:55 pm

"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain
john

Postby Grumpage » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:49 pm

Grumpage

Postby Minimalist » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:51 pm

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist

Postby Ishtar » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:24 pm

Ishtar of and the .
Ishtar

Postby Grumpage » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:59 pm

Grumpage

Postby kbs2244 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:04 pm

kbs2244

Postby john » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Mark Twain
john

PreviousNext

Return to Mythology, Ritualisms, Traditions and Folklore